Join CFUW – Windsor for its annual fundraiser at St. Mary’s Church in Walkerville.
All Candidates’ Meeting on Health Care: Who Wins, Who Loses?
May 22 at School of Social Work, University of Windsor at Pitt and Ferry Streets in Downtown Windsor.
WINDSOR, ON – In response to the critical issues around health in the run-up to the June provincial election, a coalition of local, regional and provincial organizations* with a commitment to health, the environment and social justice have come together to sponsor the first regional All Candidates’ Meeting in Windsor and Essex County on Tuesday, May 22, 2018.
This meeting is intended to inform voters and spur new dialogue about responsible and equitable plans to address the health of Windsor and Essex County.
The public is invited to attend this meeting. Candidates running in the June provincial election will be asked to discuss their ideas on a range of questions themed around healthcare, including: poverty, the lived and natural environment, accessibility, the elderly, wait times, the planned mega-hospital, violence, and P3 infrastructure. Continue reading
Unfortunately this event has been cancelled.
CFUW Windsor holds an annual poetry contest for English and French grade 4-8 elementary school students in Windsor and Essex County. It is the brain child of member Rosine Mailloux. Rosine is a retired teacher and a poetry lover.
Poems are judged by a rotating panel of CFUW members and friends of CFUW.
The theme for the 2016 poetry contest is: “Windsor Essex Welcomes the World: Escaping from a world of turmoil to a world of peace and harmony.” Or “Windsor comte d’Essex bienvenu chez nous, le monde: Fuir un milieu ebullition pour gagner une vie de paix et d’harmonie.” CFUW Windsor chose this theme to celebrate our open and welcoming environment for New Canadians and refugees. Continue reading
Part 1, Financial
5:00 to 7:00pm, Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Part 2, Physical and Emotional
6:00 to 8:00, February 10, 2016
Both will be held at: Local 444 Hall, 1855 Turner Road, Windsor, ON
CFUW Windsor currently has three interest groups:
- Saturday morning breakfast
- Advocacy in Action
- Jaunters Continue reading
CFUW has a mandate to support lifelong learning for women. In particular, CFUW’s policies:
- Promote high standards of public education in Canada, advanced study and research by women, and sound concept of life-long learning.
- Advocate for the advancement of the status of women, human rights and the common good locally, nationally and internationally.
- Promote cooperation, networking, support and understanding among women.
- Encourage and enable women to apply their knowledge and skills in leadership and decision-making in all aspects of the political, social, cultural, educational and scientific fields.
The Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW) Windsor will be presenting a Candidates Meeting in advance of the Federal Election on Wednesday September 9th from 7pm to 9pm at the Caboto Club, 2175 Parent Ave. in Windsor. The meeting will focus on four (4) main topics: Jobs and Economic Growth, The Environment, Foreign Affairs, and Childcare/Early Learning. The panel will be moderated by CTV Windsor’s Christie Bezaire and will have representation from the Green Party (David Momotiuk), the Liberal Party (Frank Schiller), and the NDP (Tracie Ramsey). At this time, The Conservative Party has not agreed to participate. Continue reading
Request for Proposals
Attention: Scholars in Social History and/or Women’s Studies
- Are you a graduate or post-graduate student looking for a compelling research topic?
- Or perhaps you are an established academic with an interest in tracking the origins and evolution of one of Canada’s foremost national women’s organizations?
- Or you may be newly retired and looking for the kind of satisfying project that you now have the time to pursue?