CFUW Windsor holds an annual poetry contest for English and French grade 4-8 elementary school students in Windsor and Essex County. It is the brain child of member Rosine Mailloux. Rosine is a retired teacher and a poetry lover.
Poems are judged by a rotating panel of CFUW members and friends of CFUW.
The theme for the 2016 poetry contest is: “Windsor Essex Welcomes the World: Escaping from a world of turmoil to a world of peace and harmony.” Or “Windsor comte d’Essex bienvenu chez nous, le monde: Fuir un milieu ebullition pour gagner une vie de paix et d’harmonie.” CFUW Windsor chose this theme to celebrate our open and welcoming environment for New Canadians and refugees. Continue reading
Part 1, Financial
5:00 to 7:00pm, Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Part 2, Physical and Emotional
6:00 to 8:00, February 10, 2016
Both will be held at: Local 444 Hall, 1855 Turner Road, Windsor, ON
CFUW Windsor currently has three interest groups:
CFUW has a mandate to support lifelong learning for women. In particular, CFUW’s policies:
- Promote high standards of public education in Canada, advanced study and research by women, and sound concept of life-long learning.
- Advocate for the advancement of the status of women, human rights and the common good locally, nationally and internationally.
- Promote cooperation, networking, support and understanding among women.
- Encourage and enable women to apply their knowledge and skills in leadership and decision-making in all aspects of the political, social, cultural, educational and scientific fields.
The Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW) Windsor will be presenting a Candidates Meeting in advance of the Federal Election on Wednesday September 9th from 7pm to 9pm at the Caboto Club, 2175 Parent Ave. in Windsor. The meeting will focus on four (4) main topics: Jobs and Economic Growth, The Environment, Foreign Affairs, and Childcare/Early Learning. The panel will be moderated by CTV Windsor’s Christie Bezaire and will have representation from the Green Party (David Momotiuk), the Liberal Party (Frank Schiller), and the NDP (Tracie Ramsey). At this time, The Conservative Party has not agreed to participate. Continue reading
Request for Proposals
Attention: Scholars in Social History and/or Women’s Studies
- Are you a graduate or post-graduate student looking for a compelling research topic?
- Or perhaps you are an established academic with an interest in tracking the origins and evolution of one of Canada’s foremost national women’s organizations?
- Or you may be newly retired and looking for the kind of satisfying project that you now have the time to pursue?
Canadian Federation of University Women Windsor presents Start Smart
February 6, 2015
Windsor, ON – The Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW) Windsor will be holding a Start Smart Workshop to assist in preparing Windsor-Essex students to enter the job market. This event will be held at the Caboto Club on March 4th at 6:30pm. The event will cost $5 per attendee to assist in covering the cost of a light meal including pizza. Continue reading
Applications Accepted January 1, 2015 – March 1, 2015
The Library and Creative Arts Committee is pleased to announce that applications for the 2015 Creative Arts Awards will be accepted from January 1, 2015 to March 1, 2015. This $4,000 biannual award is open to organizations, groups, or teams within Canada, and MUST be nominated by a local CFUW Club.
Please contact CFUW Windsor for more information.
CFUW Windsor holds an annual poetry contest for English and French primary school students in Windsor and Essex County. The poetry contest is the brain child of member Rosine Mailloux. Rosine is a retired teacher and a poetry lover.
Poems are judged by a rotating panel of CFUW members and friends of CFUW. Continue reading