Women, WE Lead the Way
Leadership and Advocacy
October 27, 2018, 8:30am—3pm
Hosted by CFUW Windsor
Location: St. Vladimir and Olga Church, 601 Lake Trail Dr., Windsor ON N9G 2M3
Cost: $50 Continue reading
Join CFUW – Windsor for its annual fundraiser at St. Mary’s Church in Walkerville.
All Candidates’ Meeting on Health Care: Who Wins, Who Loses?
May 22 at School of Social Work, University of Windsor at Pitt and Ferry Streets in Downtown Windsor. Continue reading
CFUW Windsor currently has three interest groups:
CFUW has a mandate to support lifelong learning for women. In particular, CFUW’s policies:
- Promote high standards of public education in Canada, advanced study and research by women, and sound concept of life-long learning.
- Advocate for the advancement of the status of women, human rights and the common good locally, nationally and internationally.
- Promote cooperation, networking, support and understanding among women.
- Encourage and enable women to apply their knowledge and skills in leadership and decision-making in all aspects of the political, social, cultural, educational and scientific fields.
The Canadian Federation of University Women (CFUW) Windsor will be presenting a Candidates Meeting in advance of the Federal Election on Wednesday September 9th from 7pm to 9pm at the Caboto Club, 2175 Parent Ave. in Windsor. The meeting will focus on four (4) main topics: Jobs and Economic Growth, The Environment, Foreign Affairs, and Childcare/Early Learning. The panel will be moderated by CTV Windsor’s Christie Bezaire and will have representation from the Green Party (David Momotiuk), the Liberal Party (Frank Schiller), and the NDP (Tracie Ramsey). At this time, The Conservative Party has not agreed to participate. Continue reading
Request for Proposals
Attention: Scholars in Social History and/or Women’s Studies
- Are you a graduate or post-graduate student looking for a compelling research topic?
- Or perhaps you are an established academic with an interest in tracking the origins and evolution of one of Canada’s foremost national women’s organizations?
- Or you may be newly retired and looking for the kind of satisfying project that you now have the time to pursue?